Ever Puzzled About Ways for Students to Interactively Participate with Video? Your Solution is EdPuzzle!
What is EDpuzzle?
EDpuzzle is an incredibly-easy-to-use video platform that helps teachers save time, boost classroom engagement and improve student learning through video lessons. EDpuzzle also collects data as students watch and interact with the video. Best of all, it’s completely free!
- Take any video from YouTube, Khan Academy, Learn Zillion, etc.
- Re-use other teachers’ video-lessons from EDpuzzle amazing video-collection.
- You can also upload your own videos directly from your computer or iPad.
How to transform a video for a lesson:
- Crop the video, use only what you need for your lesson.
- Record your voice on top of it to explain it in your own personal way, add clarifications, a warm introduction, you name it.
- Add quizzes along the video to check if your students truly understand the lesson. Great tool for formative assessment.
Videos can be assigned to students individually (through a class code) so they may watch repeatedly until they are comfortable answering the questions correctly. This could be especially helpful in foreign language classes and science where the content may need to be reviewed several times for comprehension.
If individual computers or devices aren’t available, videos could be projected to whole groups and students could simply answer questions on paper. This still keeps them engaged with the video.
Students could create their own video lessons which they could share with own class or others across the district, or maybe even globally.
Edpuzzle can provide you with a great way to edit videos to keep students fully engaged during their lessons in any content area. Its easy-to-use features can be learned in only a short time, and students can greatly benefit from the enhanced lesson videos. Best of all, EDpuzzle is completely free!
Watch this short informational video below to see its ease of use: